The Metropolitan Council operates Metro Transit, the region's largest bus system. There are several local routes that serve New Hope (see map) as well as express bus service to downtown Minneapolis.
A Park and Ride facility is also conveniently located for New Hope residents at 63rd and Bottineau Boulevard (West Broadway)
For more information about bus routes serving New Hope visit the Metro Transit website or call 612-373-3333.
Metro Transit Route Planner
Five Cities Senior Transportation services were discontinued in Nov. 2013
Five Cities Transportation provided bus transportation for residents age 60 plus from New Hope and several surrounding communities.
Five Cities Transportation has had a contract with PRISM Express to provide the buses for its service. Recently, PRISM announced that it is discontinuing its transportation services due to financial issues. As a result, Five Cities discontinued its services provided through PRISM Express on November 13, 2013.
Below are some potential transporation options for former Five Cities riders:
- Transit Link is a dial-a-ride minibus service for the general public that is wheelchair accessible. It operates Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fares range from $2.25 to $6.75 each way and are based on the distance travelled. Call 651-602-5465 to reserve a ride.
- Metro Mobility is a shared public transportation service that is wheelchair accessible. Riders must apply to ride and certify that they cannot use regular fixed-route buses due to a disability or health condition. It operates Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fare is either $3 or $4 each way. Call 651-602-1111 for details.
Grocery delivery and prescription options include:
- Coborns, 763-971-4900, www.cobornsdelivers.com
- Gopher Grocery, 612-379-1007, www.gophergrocery.com
- Hy-Vee, 763-531-7479, Hy-Vee aislesonline
- Lunds/Byerlys, 952-897-9800, https://lundsandbyerlys.com/shop-online/
- Store to Door (includes Cub), 651-642-1892, www.storetodoor.org
- Or, call your local Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy
Metro Mobility serves people who need specially-equipped vehicles for transportation, including vehicles with lift equipment. The service is available on request to seniors in the Twin Cities area. Call 651-602-1111 or visit the Metro Mobility website to learn more about this service. The Metropolitan Council has also compiled a Metro Mobility Fact Sheet about the program.