New Hope Police Department
Serving and Protecting the Citizens of New Hope
The New Hope Police Department is dedicated to serving and protecting the citizens of New Hope. By providing 24-hour police services, members of the Police Department help make New Hope a safe place to live.
The department is divided into three divisions – Patrol, Investigations, and Community Services and Crime Prevention..
- Respond to various calls for service and patrol the city to prevent and deter crime.
- Enforce city and county ordinances and state and federal laws.
- Investigate complaints of criminal activity and interview suspects, victims and witnesses.
- Engage in a wide-variety of community policing, crime prevention, and public education services, such as National Night Out, D.A.R.E., Safety Camp, Neighborhood Watch, and many more.
- Manage and process department information, reports, and evidence.
The New Hope Police Department also provides additional services such as animal control. The department also enjoys the support of an active body of citizen volunteers through the Police Reserve Unit and Police Explorer programs. Dispatch (911 and communication) services are provided through the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office.
This website is not monitored 24 hours a day. If you need a police officer, call 9-1-1.