2015 In Focus Photo Contest
The city of New Hope introduced the New Hope In Focus photo contest in 2010 to encourage New Hope residents to take pride in their community and showcase their photography skills. Twenty-two photographers submitted 57 photographs to this year's contest.
A group of volunteer judges selected the winners in three main categories: People, Places, and Nature, and a special category for Youth ages 16 and under. The community chose the winner in the People's Choice Award category. The City Council recognized the winners at its meeting on November 23, 2015.
And the winners were:
- Dack Nearing earned first place in the People category and received the highest overall score for "Autumn Comfort," a photo of his daughter and golden retriever.
- Derek Bjoraker received first place in the Places category for "Dandelion," a beautiful fireworks photo.
- Marti Christensen finished first in the Nature category for "Gossamer Wings at Rest," a striking image of a dragonfly.
- 15-year-old Jenna Geier won the Youth category for "Look Up, Not Away," an imaginative shot of her neighbor's dog from below.
- And, Jennifer Schmidt won the People's Choice award for "Colorful Fall," a photo of a vivid fall scene.
The Council also presented four Honorable Mention certificates, for photos that the judges awarded very high scores, but that did not win a category.
Honorable Mentions were presented to:
Watch for information about the 2016 In Focus photo contest in the spring.
- Dack Nehring for "Gold-n-Yellow" and "Summer Swing"
- Jennifer Schmidt for "Fall Trail,"
- And, Lois Corbett for "Swallowtail on Zinnia."