Participate in the 2014 In Focus Photo Contest
The city of New Hope introduced the New Hope In Focus photo contest in 2010 to encourage New Hope residents to take pride in their community and showcase their photography skills. The deadline for the 2014 In Focus photo contest is Friday, August 15.
The categories and most of the contest rules will remain the same in 2014.
Categories and Prizes
A resident may enter up to three photographs. Each photograph may be entered in one of three main categories: Nature, People, or Places.
A volunteer panel of judges will evaluate each entry and award a first prize in each of the three main categories. The category winner which receives the highest score will be awarded a $100 prize. The two other main category winners will receive a $75 prize.
The judges will also evaluate entries in a special Youth category, for New Hope photographers 16 years of age and under. The photograph with the highest score in the Youth category will receive a $50 prize. If, however, the youth winner also wins in one of the main categories (people, places, nature) the youth prize money will go the the youth photographer with the next highest score.
Community members will also have a chance to choose their favorite photograph among the highest rated photos in each category. The public will be able to vote either in person or online. The photo with the highest number of votes from the public will receive a $50 prize.
Photo contest winners will be recognized at a City Council meeting this fall and have their photo published in the In Touch newsletter and put on display in the In Focus photo gallery at New Hope City Hall.
Photo Contest Rules
A complete list of contest rules is available on the In Focus entry form. Some of the most important things to remember include:
- You need to live or work in New Hope to submit an entry.
- Submitted photographs must be taken somewhere in New Hope and must be the work of the person submitting it.
- A resident may enter up to three photos.
- Each photo should be submitted as a 5x7 print on photo quality paper. Professionally printed photos tend to work best.
- Entry forms for the 2014 New Hope In Focus photo contest are available below. Paper entry forms are available at City Hall or by calling 763-531-5103.
- The deadline for entries is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 15. Entries may be dropped off in-person at City Hall or mailed to: New Hope In Focus Photo Contest, 4401 Xylon Ave. N., New Hope, MN, 55428.
2014 New Hope In Focus Entry Form