Duk Duk Daze
July 19-21, 2013
Northwood Park, 38th and Boone Avenues
New Hope's annual summer celebration includes a variety of fun activities for the entire family, many of which are free.
Fair hours are:
- Friday, July 19, 5 to 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20, 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21, noon to 5 p.m.
- carnival games and rides
- Lion's bingo
- Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Shoot-Out
- pizza eating contest
- fabulous fair food
- Live music
- Kiddie Parade (10 a.m. on Saturday)
- Tennis and men's softball tournaments
- Gigantic fireworks displays on Friday and Saturday evenings at dusk
- And much, much more
Boone Avenue will be detoured east to Winnetka Avenue between 36th Avenue and 42nd Avenue because of Duk Duk Daze. The street will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 18 until after the festival ends on Sunday evening, July 21.
Duk Duk Daze Tennis Tournament:
Pre-registration required. Single elimination with a loser's bracket. Fee is $15 for Singles and $12 for doubles. Contact Janio Axelson, 763-516-3062.
Duk Duk Daze Men's Softball Tournament:
Class D and E. Double elimination. Team entry fee is $185. Register by July 6. Contact Mike Schon 763-531-5129 (leave message).
For more information, visit the Duk Duk Daze website at www.dukdukdaze.com