Duk Duk Daze
July 19-21, 2013
Northwood Park, 38th and Boone Avenues
New Hope's annual summer celebration includes a variety of fun activities for the entire family, many of which are free.
Fair hours are:
- Friday, July 19, 5 to 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20, 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21, noon to 5 p.m.
- carnival games and rides
- Lion's bingo
- Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Shoot-Out
- pizza eating contest
- fabulous fair food
- Live music
- Kiddie Parade (11 a.m. on Saturday)
- Tennis, bean bag, and men's and co-rec softball tournaments
- Gigantic fireworks displays on Friday and Saturday evenings at dusk
- And much, much more
Boone Avenue will be detoured east to Winnetka Avenue between 36th Avenue and 42nd Avenue because of Duk Duk Daze. The street will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 18 until after the festival ends on Sunday evening, July 21.
Duk Duk Daze Tennis Tournament:
Pre-registration required. Single elimination with a loser's bracket. Fee is $15 for Singles and $12 for doubles. Contact Mary James, 612-968-1587.
Duk Duk Daze Men's Softball Tournament:
July 19-21. Class D and E. Double elimination. Team entry fee is $185. Register by July 12. Contact Mike Schon 763-531-5129 (leave message) or email email@example.com.
Duk Duk Daze Co-Rec Softball Tournament:
July 20 and 21. Class D. Team entry fee is $150. Register by July 19. Contact Mike Schon 763-531-5129 (leave message) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit the Duk Duk Daze website at www.dukdukdaze.com